Welcome to Nerd Nite Fayetteville!!
We all know learning is more fun when you’re drinking with friends. Thus, Nerd Nite is a monthly event held in 100+ cities (like Tokyo, Miami, London, and New York) during which three folks give 20 minute fun-yet-informative presentations per night… across all disciplines – while the audience drinks along!
- WHEN: Third Friday of every month (starting May 2022)
- 7:30pm EST start (feel free to come as early as you want for food + drinks)
- The show is typically done by 9pm-ish followed by drinks and socialization.
- WHERE: King’s Grant Golf & Country Club located at 347 Shawcroft Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28311 (see www.kingsgrantgolfcc.com)
- We will update the monthly speakers and topics under the Upcoming Events page so you know what you’re all in for. 🙂
- Open to the public.
- Ages 21+.
Nerd Nite is like the sweet and fun love-child of TED Talks + drinking. If you enjoy watching documentaries and sipping on your fave tasty beverage… try it in public!
It’s a monthly lecture event that strives for an inebriated, salacious, yet deeply academic vibe. It’s often about science or technology, but by no means is it limited to such topics. And it’s definitely entertaining. Our unofficial tag line is “It’s like the Discovery Channel – with beer!” There are over 100 cities with Nerd Nites around the world – Fayetteville is just one of them! Take a gander at http://nerdnite.com for more info.
There are lots of nerdy lecture events. They are fantastic, and we are big fans. But these other events tend to be family-friendly, sober, and very accessible to a general audience. Nothing wrong with that, that’s just not us. A good Nerd Nite presentation will violate at least one of those, preferably more!